Electromagnetic and acoustic waves in metamaterials and structures (Scientific session of the Physical Sciences Division of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 24 February 2011)
The scientific session, titled ’Electromagnetic and acoustic waves in metamaterials and structures’, of the Physical Sciences Division of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS) was held on February 24, 2011 in the conference hall of the Lebedev Physical Institute, RAS.
The agenda of the session announced on the website www.gpad.ac.ru of the RAS Physical Sciences Division featured presentation of the following reports:
Papers written on the basis of these oral presentations are published below.
- Veselago V G (A M Prokhorov General Physics Institute, RAS, Moscow, and Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Dolgoprudnyi, Moscow region) ’Waves in metamaterials: their role in modern physics’;
- Burov V A, Voloshinov V B, Dmitriev K V, Polikarpova N V (Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow) ’Acoustic waves in metamaterials, anisotropic crystals and anomalously refracting structures’;
- Shvartsburg A B (Joint Institute for High Temperatures, RAS, Moscow), Erokhin N S (Space Research Institute, RAS, Moscow) ’Resonant tunneling of ultrashort electromagnetic pulses in gradient metamaterials: paradoxes and prospects’;
- Petnikov V G (A M Prokhorov General Physics Institute, RAS, Moscow), Stromkov A A (Institute of Applied Physics, RAS, Nizhny Novgorod) ’Focusing of low-frequency sound fields on the ocean shelf’;
- Luchinin A G, Khil’ko A I (Institute of Applied Physics, RAS, Nizhny Novgorod) ’Low-mode acoustics of shallow water waveguides’;
- Esipov I B (RAS Research Council on Acoustics, Moscow) ’Basic results for 2010 in the field of acoustics as presented at a RAS Council session’.