Study of the atmospheres of the terrestrial planets
A joint session of the Physical Sciences Division of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS) and the Joint Physical
Society of the Russian Federation was held on January 26, 2005 in the conference hall of the P N Lebedev Physics
Institute, RAS under the name “State of the art and prospects of solar system research”. The following reports
were presented at the session:
(1) Boyarchuk A A (Institute of Astronomy, RAS) “Opening address”;
(2) Zelenyi L M, Verigin M I, Zakharov A V (Institute for Space Research, RAS, Moscow), Izmodenov V V (Mechanical-Mathematical Faculty, Moscow State University; Institute for Space Research, RAS, Moscow; Institute for Problems of Mechanics, RAS, Moscow), Skalsky A A (Institute for Space Research, RAS, Moscow) “The heliosphere and the interaction of the terrestrial planets with the
(3) Korablev O I (Institute for Space Research, RAS, Moscow) “Study of the atmospheres of the terrestrial
(4) Owen T (University of Hawaii, Institute for Astronomy, Honolulu), Atreya S (University of Michigan, Department of Atmospheric, Oceanic and Space Sciences), Niemann H (NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD) “A ’wild surmise’: first results from the Huygens probe
into Titan’s atmosphere”;
(5) Marov M Ya (Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics, RAS, Moscow) “Small bodies in the solar system and
some problems in cosmogony”.
An abridged version of reports 2, 3, 4 and 5 is given below.